The Village of Olympia Fields is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. Testing is being conducted for anticipated hiring needs and to establish a new Eligibility List.
Starting Salary: $62,641
5-year step program: $87,600
Sworn Officers: 20
The Village of Olympia Fields is a south suburb of Chicago located in Cook County. The community grew up around the prestigious Olympia Fields Country Club, originally established in 1915. The Village is a wonderful diverse community. They are home to Rich Township High School STEM Campus, Franciscan Health and a variety of houses of worship as well as many retail establishments and restaurants. It is a tremendous community to work and raise a family.
The Olympia Fields Police Department is comprised of twenty full-time officers, and four sworn civilian staff dedicated to providing the very best law enforcement services to our country.
The Police Department is staffed by highly trained professionals who are committed to a community-oriented policing and community engagement philosophies. The Police Chief and officers firmly believe everyone is entitled to live in a peaceful and safe society and to receive effective, fair, and efficient police services.
Deadline for Applications:
Wednesday, June 9, 2021
How to Apply:
Applications are available at: www.jobsource.copsandfiretesting.com. Applications will be available for purchase online until Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. The application deadline is Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.1.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
ATTN: Olympia Fields PD
200 W. Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Driver's License: Must have a valid Class "D" Illinois driver's license or a valid out of state driver's license of similar classification.
- Age Requirements: Must have attained their 21st birthday, by the last date for filing applications (6/9/21). Applicants, must be under the age of 35 at last date for filing applications (unless they have been certified and employed as a full-time police officer with a municipality in the United States, or otherwise exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6).
- Education: Must have a High School Diploma, GED, or High School Proficiency Certificate AND an Associate's Degree or 60 credit hours towards a Bachelor's Degree at the time of application (with proof of documentation at time of application).
- Character: Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character.
- Eyesight: Eyesight shall be at least 20/20 corrected and may not be afflicted with color blindness or any eye abnormalities at the time of an offer of employment.
- Residency: At this time there are no residency requirements.
- Testing: Must be able to participate and successfully complete all phases of the testing.
- P.O.W.E.R. Card: Applicants MUST possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Card issued between the dates of 6/9/20 - 6/9/21 (and turned in by deadline).
All individuals meeting eligibility requirements are encouraged to continue with the application process.
Additional information will be provided in the application packet which can be downloaded at: www.iobsource.copsandfiretesting.com
- There is a $25.00 non-refundable application fee
- Applications are NOT available at the Olympia Fields Police Department or the Village Hall
- Applicants must attend the mandatory test date
Orientation and Written Examination
The orientation and written examination will be Saturday, June 26, 2021.
- Registration Starts at 8:00 a.m.
- Orientation Starts at 8:30 a.m.
- Written Examination immediately following the Orientation
Colin Powell Middle School
20600 Matteson Ave.
Matteson, IL 60443
The Village of Olympia Fields is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws regarding employment.
c/o C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service