Where are my shutoff valves?

There are actually two major shutoff valves in line with your service. The first valve called a curb stop, is generally located in the parkway and is normally housed by a cylinder with a cap on it called the buffalo box or "B-Box" for short. The other major valve is located in the home next to the water meter. Other valves may be near plumbing appliances such as sinks and toilets. The homeowner maintains all valves with the exception of the curb stop. For more information, please call 708-503-8000.

Show All Answers

1. What if my main shut-off valve does not work in an emergency?
2. What is a water service?
3. Where are my shutoff valves?
4. What part of my service are my property and my responsibility?
5. What should I do if my pipes freeze?
6. Should I maintain my main shutoff valve?
7. Why do I have those utility flags in my parkway?
8. Why is my water bill high?
9. Who should I contact for water billing questions?
10. Who should I contact about my water quality?