The mission of the Beautification Committee of Village of Olympia Fields is to facilitate the beautification and enhancement of our community with the involvement and support of the Village President, Board of Trustees, Residents and Businesses.
To lead the Village of Olympia Fields in raising awareness and appreciation of the value of our nature resources by education and involving residents, elected officials, employees and businesses in the maintenance, enhancement and preservation of our natural and built environments.
- Arlene Burke, Chair
- Susan Gatlin-Moroney
- Kay Mangan
- Beverly Sokol
- Sue Gowen
- Mark C. Miller
- Evelyn Owens
- Trustee Liaison: Willett Hudson
Beautification Committee Projects
- Olympia Fields Landscape Award Program (Annual Award Program - Spring/Summer)
- The Landscape Award Program is held annually in the spring/summer. The award is presented to a homeowner who represents the Village and their neighborhood. Each Homeowners Association selects 3 to 6 homes to represent their association. The top three homes in the HOA will have a sign placed in their yard. The top homes chosen by each HOA are reviewed by the Beautification Committee to select the top three homes village-wide. The top three winners are recognized at the Board of Trustees meeting.
- Holiday Award Program (Annual Award Program-December)
- The Holiday Awards Program is held in December of each year. Each Homeowners Association selects up to 6 homes that demonstrate curb appeal, creativity, originality and coordination of decor to the home. The top three homes in the HOA will have a sign placed in their yard. The top homes chosen by each HOA are reviewed by the Beautification Committee to select the top three homes village-wide. The top three winners are recognized at the Board of Trustees meeting.
- Village Gateway Signs (Governors Highway & Western Avenue/Vollmer)
- Home Improvement Recognition Program
- The Home Improvement Program recognizes individuals who have improved their property by planting new trees, shrubs, perennials and annual to enhance the home's external appearance. Residents can nominate another resident by requesting a nomination form from the Village Hall. A letter will be sent to the homeowner advising them of this recognition.
- Tree City USA Program - Arbor Day
- Tree City USA is a nationwide program that recognizes communities for their forestry efforts. Olympia Fields has been a Tree City for eight years. In honor of Arbor Day, the Village celebrates the day with a tree planting ceremony on the 4th Friday in April.
- Earth Day – An annual April event:
- Earth Day – An annual April event: National Earth Day is celebrated each year on April 22 throughout the nation to demonstrate support for environmental protection. Our Village celebrates Earth Day by designating an entire week in April toward this environmental effort. Olympia Fields Earth Week allows families time to schedule time together to join in this effort based upon their busy work/life schedules. The Village asks that families join forces to walk your neighborhood and pick up trash and other debris in an effort to beautify our neighborhoods.